Hvar, one of the best islands in the world!
It isn’t often that such a small island in a relatively small country gets voted one of the top islands of 2017 – wouldn’t you say?
So what is it that makes Hvar so special in regards to other islands? It’s centuries old heritage? Hvar best beaches? Destination weddings? Adventure activities? We could argue it is all these factors and more! The ranking by which this was decided is based on the results of a reader survey from Leisure + Travel, in which participants rate their travel experiences.
- Hvar has the first public theatre in the whole of Europe, dating back to the 17th century
- The home of organized tourism, celebrating 150 years in 2018
- 5 UNESCO Heritages
- Spanish Fortress built in the 16th century offering stunning views of the town
- Oldest town in Europe: Stari Grad (Pharos) 384 B.C. founded by Ancient Greeks
- Bonj ‘les bains’: quintessential luxury beach club with private pontoons and private dining
- Amfora beach: the town’s most popular beach just below Amfora, hvar grand beach resort, offering many different sports activities, from kayaking, paddling to diving! Try them all!
- Palmižana: the most popular island in the popular archipelago Paklinski islands
- Dubovica: located 8 km east from Hvar town, before the tunnel leading to Stari Grad. You won’t be able to miss it, even the bus station is packed with parked cars :-)
- Mala Milna – located in Milna, this picturesque beach is known to be very child friendly
- Bonj ‘les bains’: Not only is it considered one of the best beaches, but it also creates a stunning backdrop for your most spectacular wedding
- Maestral at Amfora bay: Overlooking the stunning archipelago, the Maestral terrace is the perfect spot for a private wedding
- San Marco: Floating above the Loggia, with spectacular views of the old town and harbor creates a dreamy setting
- Top Bar: Panoramic views of the entire city for your wedding day? Not a problem.
- Terrace Ballroom: A natural stage for an unforgettable night of celebration with direct views of Paklinski islands and Amfora bay
Biking is IN! From this year we introduced a new concept to our modern Pharos, hvar bayhill hotel and are happy to become a member of Adria Bike Hotels. Hvar has long been a destination loved amongst active vacationers and adventure lovers, so to be a part of something bigger is surely something our guests will recognize!
Other adventure activities in Hvar we recommend are: hiking, kayaking, sailing, paddling, diving.