3 reasons you should try scuba diving in Hvar
This year, explore the wonders of the sea together with Sunčani Hvar hotels and Diving Center Viking. Not only will scuba diving give you a completely different perspective of the world we live in, it will also benefit you physical and mental state! We bring you 3 reasons why you should try scuba diving this summer in Hvar.
1. Physical exercise
Even though it might not seem like you are doing much, an hour of average scuba dive in temperate water burns as much as 600 calories per hour — the same as running! Exercise under water in general improves cardiovascular performance and the resistance the water creates helps build fitness and stamina. In general scuba diving can lower your blood pressure, increase flexibility and agility, especially in your legs and feet.
2. Stress relief
Treat your body to some “underwater healing” in a tranquil environment. Drifting through the water and listening to the muffled sound of bubbles and breathing will give you a feeling of serenity and satisfaction. It enables divers to get a completely different view of the world; different colors, sounds and marine lifeforms all aiding towards the experience and feeling of complete relaxation – making you feel a step away from reality.
3. Discover marine life
In general there is much more underwater surface to discover than there is land surface, so can you imagine all the marine life there is to see? The diversity of life underwater will make you fall in love with nature all over again. There's plenty of underwater flora and fauna that yet has to be discovered and seen – imagine the possibilities! While diving, you will definitely have close encounters with fascinating marine life.
If you would like to book your scuba diving experience with Sunčani Hvar hotels, please contact our DMC manager Ana Štambuk: firstname.lastname@example.org or simply come by our concierge desk in Amfora hotel.
Photo credit: Hvar Diving Viking
1. Discover Scuba Diving from Amfora beach
- Every day except Saturday from 9 AM - 1 PM
- Price: 500 HRK/person
- Maximum participants/day: 6 pax
- Duration: 2 hours (dive time 40 minutes)
- Short description: teaching basic scuba diving skills which equals the first lesson of a course
2. Rent a SEABOB
- Every day in Podstine Bay from 9 AM - 5 PM
- 10 minutes 180 HRK/person
- 20 minutes 300 HRK/person
- Maximum participants: 6 pax/hour
- Short description: driving SEABOB watercraft above and underwater
- Charged on concierge
3. SEABOB snorkeling excursions
- Every day 11 AM to 4 PM
- Price: 900 HRK/person
- Maximum participants/day: 4 pax
- Duration: 5 hours
- Short description: half day snorkeling excursion with SEABOB
- Included: instructor, SEABOB, boat transfers to Vela Garska, snorkeling equipment (light lunch optional – 120 HRK)
4. Half-day snorkeling and freediving excursions
- Every day except Saturday from 2 PM - 6 PM
- Price: 600 HRK/person
- Maximum participants/day: 8 pax
- Duration: 4 hours
- Short description: half – day snorkeling/freediving trip with visiting two locations (Pakleni Islands and Vela Garska)
- Included: instructor, boat transfers to Pakleni Islands and Vela Garska, snorkeling/freediving equipment (light lunch optional – 120 HRK)
Photo credit: Hvar Diving Viking