Mountain Madness Obstacle Overview
Mountain Madness obstacle race will take place on October 6th 2018 at 10:30 am. It is a race that will test your agility, endurance and skill throughout the 7 km long picturesque landscapes of Hvar island. The start and finish are at the main Hvar square. You will be able to leave your belongings next to the Hvar Tourist information center, where you can also pay for the race once registered.
In order to keep you fully informed about the different obstacles that will appear throughout the race, you can find the entire list of obstacles below.
Six of them are described in more depth, due to the fact that they need more explaining. If you have any more questions, please feel free to contact us via Sunčani Hvar Facebook Page or via the Mountain Madness Event.
If you would like to participate in the event you can register here: https://www.stotinka.hr/eng/event/747
LIST OF OBSTACLES:
1. Vertical wall climb
2. 45 degrees wall
3. Boulder side wall x2
4. Ladder wall
5. L- double angle wall
6. Cargo net climb x2
7. Under net crawl
8. Tires skip
9. Sand bag carry
10. Spider web
11. Under tires crawl x2
1. L-double angle wall | LEVEL: EASY (walking on bulges and clinging to them with your hands at the same time)
2. Boulder side wall | LEVEL: DIFFICULT (use climbing holds, ropes or gaps to lift yourself up. You are moving sideways, without touching the floor. Strength needed in arms and legs to move towards the end of the wall: 4 m.
3. Ladder wall | LEVEL: EASY (crossing this obstacle is very simple, climb on one side and descend on the other, as you would do on a regular ladder)đ
4. 45 degree wall | LEVEL: MEDIUM (run towards the wall, get a good grip and use your hands to grab the upper edge of the wall, then jump on the floor)
5. Sand bag carry | LEVEL: MEDIUM (the bags are filled with sand or soil and weigh approx. 15 kg. Usually when people see them on the track the first reaction is: “Oh no, not that too!”) :)
6. Cargo net climb | LEVEL: DIFFICULT (climbing over the net is one of the hardest obstacles, as the climb is around 3 m. high. The net is also moving, which additionally makes climbing over it even harder. But, slowly and surely everyone can overcome it!